Monday, July 9, 2012

Mölkky lawn game

A couple of weeks ago, my Dad and I made a Mölkky game. 

I googled the game regulations to know what dimensions to cut the pieces.  The lengths were all accurate, but I couldn't find a dowel with a large enough diameter, so I ended up using a 2" dowel instead (this seems to be a common problem).

Martha Stewart has a nice tutorial for making the game.  The measurements we used were slightly different than hers, and instead of painting the numbers on the dowels, I used a wood burner.


Cutting the pieces



 Sanding the pieces


Here's the complete set!


Before I could even wonder how I'd store or carry this game... my Mom pulled a zippered cloth bag from her collection and the game fits great in it.

Beware, this game is VERY addicting!

5 comments:

  1. I just opened up Wikipedia so I could read about this game. I'm a gamer, and I've never heard of this before. Thanks for the exposure. Jodi @ www.meaningfulmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never heard of this game before! I would love to see a post on how to play it! Thanks for linking up this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd never heard of this before! Now I really want to try it! I've got a family get-together coming up in a few weeks, maybe I could make it before then...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What did you use as a score sheet I played this game a couple of weeks ago and now I am making one to play at a cancer benifit I am not sure what the score sheet should look like

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. please send your answer to sbarnett@brainerd.net

      Delete

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)