Friday, December 30, 2011

Pattern Review - McCalls 5525

I'm thinking of making another dressy winter coat or jacket.  So, I figured I'd bust out my pattern review from the last coat I made.

As much as I LOVE this pattern, if I do make another coat, I may use another pattern in my stash... I'm still undecided.
Check out my original post for when this coat was completed.


Here's my review for McCalls 5525:

Pattern Description: Women's lined jackets and coats

Pattern Sizing: I cut a size 8, and made view B

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes, pretty close.

Were the instructions easy to follow? The instructions were easy to follow, except I had a lot of troubles sewing the back vent. (I think it was user error though )

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern? I loved almost everything about this pattern. The only thing I would change is to make the pockets larger.

Fabric Used: Gabardine

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made: None

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? Yes, I already am planning on sewing it again, but in a different view. I would HIGHLY recommend this pattern.

Conclusion: Overall, this pattern was very easy to follow and I can't wait to sew it again!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)