Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pattern Review - McCalls 3777 tree skirt

I actually made this tree skirt last year but never posted my pattern review on here. 

After an almost 2 year search for tree skirts that both Hubby & I liked, we turned up empty handed.  Not that there weren't pretty tree skirts at the stores, it's just that we had different ideas of "pretty" and we didn't want to spend a fortune. 

So, I finally pulled the McCalls 3777 (A Blue Christmas) pattern out of my collection, Hubby found some cute coordinating fabric and about an hour later we finally had the tree skirt we'd been looking for.  I'm not sure why we didn't just make one sooner haha.

Anyways, here's my pattern review for McCall's 3777


Pattern Description: A variety of patterns for Christmas decorations, including: ornaments, stockings, and a tree skirt.

I made the tree skirt, which is view K

Pattern Sizing: One size

Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it? Yes

Were the instructions easy to follow? Very easy to follow

What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
This pattern was very simple and well laid out.

Fabric Used: Cotton

Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
The pattern has options for adding beaded snowflakes, which I skipped because I chose a busy printed fabric.

It also suggests adding trim between the two fabrics on the top of the skirt, which I skipped. I didn't feel that adding trim in my particular case (with the fabric I used) would have added much to the overall appearance (although I did purchase trim with the intensions of using it).

Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others? I HIGHLY recommend this pattern to others. And, if I ever make another tree skirt I would definitely use this pattern again.

Conclusion:
This pattern was a quick sew (it maybe took an hour or two?) and very easy to follow. It would be great for beginners.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)