Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween 2011 - Royal Wedding - Prince William costume pt 1

If you've been following along with my blog, you know that Hubby & I are going as the lovely William and Kate, Royal wedding style, for Halloween this year.

For a recap on the making of Kate's dress click these links: the petticoat, satin part of the bodice, skirt, sewing the dress and skirt together, and making the lace part of the bodice. This costume is almost done, I just need to get to the store to pick up more buttons first!

Hubby picked out the fabric & pattern (McCall's Costumes M4745) which will work well to make the base of Prince William's uniform. I'll be making views A & D. View A is the coat, which I will make in red and add white piping. I will make view D, the pants, in black with a red stripe on the sides.

Of course there is much more decorating that will go into the costume after the base is made.





Here I have all the fabric cut out, which took forever! (good thing for watching old TV-show re-runs in the background)

And here, are the items I will "decorate" the costume with. I have a plan in my head for all of this... I just hope it works out!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)