Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Early stages of Butterick B5335 Jacket (view A)

The fabric I picked out to sew Butterick B5335 View A, arrived in the mail the other day. (check out this post) As you can see (which I knew was going to happen) it is pretty hard to figure out exactly what you're getting when ordering on-line. The threads are much more vibrant than the fabric, and aren't a match.


Luckily, I had a little bit (hopefully enough) of thread in my stash already that is the perfect shade of purple, and tan thread blends in well with the pale yellow lining.


I think items are returnable on fabric.com where I ordered this stuff from, but I figure I'll have a use for it sooner or later anyways :)

I'm about a third of the way through making the jacket and don't have the highest of hopes for its outcome at the moment. My first thoughts (before pleating or adding any shape to it) were that the jacket looked a bit institutional (glad I didn't go with white fabric!) But it might turn around in the upcoming steps.

I left off by putting the pleats on one of the sleeves. Things may start looking better... (?)




This is one of those patterns I've been so curious about for so long... I just had to try sewing it. It doesn't really look like something I'd wear, but I still couldn't resist, maybe it is?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)