Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Pillow for the couch

I saw an awesome tutorial for Herringbone tuck pillows at the blog Artfully @ Atelier Caroline and fell in love with them. I knew immediately I wanted to try making one.

I decided to make a pillow out of the same fabric I used to reupholster the chair for my living room, thinking it would help tie the furniture in with each other.

Meticulous measuring is not my thing, so I did the best I could in pleating and ironing the fabric with a few measurements. (I've been eyeing up pleating boards for awhile now) I believe I made my pleats every 1" and sewed them at 1/4".


I decided to change things up a bit (ultimately avoiding more measuring) and sewed a bunch of random straight lines at different angles, rather than parallel to each other.

Here's how it turned out:


And, here's the corner of my living room with the reupholstered chair and new pillow for the couch:




No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)