Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pet antler tutorial (Don't tell hubby....)

Hubby doesn't read my blog. Therefore, I have some pictures to share with you all :)

I thought it would be a good idea to include beagle in the holiday cheer... by making him antlers. (Hubby has a strict "no clothing for animals" belief. However, I think it can be cute)

Here is how the antlers were made...

Cut 4 pieces of felt in the shape of antlers (two per antler) and one oval to attach the antlers to.

Top stitch two cut antler pieces of felt together and repeat with the other set.

Stuff the antlers. (Add something stiff inside them, for support. I used a Q-tip in each)

Sew them onto the oval piece of felt.

Add elastic, or a tie of some sort.

Here's how it looked (above)

(our 4 point "Buck", Buck is short for beagles real name)

At this point I didn't have support inside the antlers, so they didn't stand up like they should. So, I shoved a Q-tip into each antler to make them stand right. Beagle was too stubborn to wear the antlers after adding the support (smart guy) and his big ears got a bit in the way, so I tried the next model:

she really didn't seem to mind them!

1 comment:

  1. These are great! I think my pug and chihuahua would look so cute in them! I would love for you to link up to my party too! http://polkadotsandpizza.blogspot.com/2010/12/link-party-3.html

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)