Sunday, November 21, 2010

Fabric for chairs

I'm still waiting for tack strips and a foam cutter to come in the mail before I can continue on the chairs, but hubby and I did find fabric! 

The fabric we'll be using on the chairs is on the back of the couch.  This couch, pillow, wall color, and grey carpet was what we were trying to blend with. 


Before adding the batting and new fabric, I used wood filler to fill in the old nail and staple holes.

We're going to use the batting for the back rest of the chairs, and the foam cushions for the seat.  The foam is pretty close to the right size, but it needs to have a curved front.  We also got burlap, which will replace the old stuff to protect the cushions from the springs.  (there is another layer of something that protected the old cushion from the springs, which we will re-use) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)