Thursday, October 21, 2010

Dorothy costume "done" but not really

I've been working on a costume of Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz using McCalls pattern M4948. Here is what it looked like:

McCalls M4948 Dorothy costume

This picture was taken before I sewed white buttons on the straps, and after I hemmed it about 9 inches shorter. The skirt was VERY long before, and now falls just above my knees. Unfortunately by adjusting the length so drastically, the proportions look a little crazy, oh well.

This pattern was very easy to follow, and overall I'm happy with how it turned out. But, there are several changes I am in the process of making to make it look a little more like the original. That's why the costume is "done" but not really.

The Tin Man costume I wanted to make for our beagle is underway now too. Hubby and I compromised... I wanted to make a full fledged suit, he wanted nothing. So, the dog will have a funnel hat and silver collar cover. (hubby is in charge of the hat, and I think he actually had fun painting it!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)