Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Sewing machine suggestions?

Sew what's happening? A lot of "catching up" and not enough sewing since my wedding & honeymoon. This is largely due to the fact that I no longer have continuous access to a nice sewing machine.

Currently, I have a travel machine (Singer, I believe) but it is not something you'd want to use for more than a few hems. I have access to another sewing machine, my Grandma's, but can't find the directions... so have to hand spin my bobbins. (the travel machine bobbin spinner doesn't work now either haha)

Anyways, I have been putting off buying my own machine, because there are so many options out there, I don't even know where to begin.

I want a good, all around machine, that will last a really long time. Any suggestions? What kind do you use? (I'm also in the market for a serger & nice iron, any thoughts on those would be great too)

Hopefully back to sewing soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)