Thursday, August 5, 2010

Refashioned t-shirt (added trim, keyhole back)

I'm moving in a few weeks. So, thinking it was a good idea at the time... I moved most of my things to the new place over the last few months. But, unfortunately that included almost ALL of my clothes! (I'm not sure how that happened) That's kind of why I've been on a large sewing spree lately, (and because I'm in between semesters).

Hopefully soon I will have some better clothing options, since my wardrobe currently consists of an old t-shirt, or an old t-shirt.

first step of tee transformation

I had some crazy brown fabric with dots on it laying around, which I've not found a use for in the 3 years I've had it. So, I cut about 1" strips of it and sewed the raw strips with a zig-zag stitch around the newly cut neck and arm holes.

tee neck closeup

The raw edges kept curling so you couldn't see the brown edging, just the wrong side of the fabric. So, I made perpendicular stitches on the neckline every 1.25 inches or so. The neck has two rows of the edging. The other areas only have one.

front of transformed tee

back of transformed tee

This picture makes the back look off center, but I'm pretty sure it's just a funny angle.

Here's a link to another t-shirt transformation from awhile back.

Update: this ugly shirt was made into something much better... dolls!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)