Saturday, April 3, 2010

that red patterned dress...


This pattern, Simplicity 2549, was a fairly simple sew, but it did take some time due to the interfacing, darts, and some hand stitching. I'm almost finished with the dress pictured on the lower left corner of the pattern, but still need to add a 22" zipper (which I don't have yet) and hem the length. The back of the dress comes up to the neck and is very plain. I'm torn on how I feel about that look, and might need to change it up a little, depending on how it fits.

cat helping me sew

This is my oldest cat, she LOVES to "help" me sew. Whenever I have fabric out, she comes running from anywhere in the house and sprawls out on it.


Simplicity 2549 pattern red dress



I'm not sure how I feel about this dress yet... it's very different than what I usually make and/or wear. But, that's why I chose the pattern, and it will be interesting to see how it actually looks when it's done and I try it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments and advice! Thanks in advance :)